Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HOW TO DESIGN A COMPUTER BASED VOLTMETER

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutytongy

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
computer voltmeter

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME ON HOW TO DESIGN A COMPUTER BASED VOLTMETER TO READ IN AC AND DC VOLTAGES FROM ITS SERIES OR PARALLEL PORTS AND DISPLAY THE READINGS ON THE MONITOR USING PASCAL LANGUAGE

pc voltmeter

use one ADC to get the voltage to the parallel port
adc0804 the one i used

for help it in C language for parallel port get e-books from
www.bibinjohn.tk

parallel port voltmeter

Well my idea is a bit different. I would use PC sound card for it. If 555 timer is used as voltage controlled oscillator then the pulse width of the output waveform can be detected using some programming. I haven't implemented it yet but may be a precise solution.

computer volt meter

You may find many ideas in the following link:

pc based voltmeter

The best option is to use the Parallel port of the PC to connect with an ADC...
Use some fast switching ADCs..

sound card voltmeter

Another idea is to use Microsoft text to speech engine so that the sofware speaks aloud the reading once it gets steady. In this way, it would be convenient to take readings without looking into the monitor.

voltmeter computer

You can also use the Game Port of the sound card, not accurate, but a readily available ADC with two channels :)

You have to convert the voltage into current for game port, search the web and you will find a lot of interfacing examples.

PS: It will not be interrupt driven, you have to poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back