Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

extrapolating sensitivity value from receiver's datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

thranduil

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all guys,

I am currently working on a simple radio communication simulator. The main idea is to calculate PER based on BER based on SNIR. At the moment I don't really like to be able to receive a lot of frame with power of arround -120 dBm (@434MHz) which sounds kind of unrealistic to me. SNIR ratio that I obtain is actually the value which is present at the antenna of the receiver and noise figures of the elements down the chain is still missing. In order to improve this an idea came to my mind. I have found in the datasheet of CC1000 receiver from Ti that sensitivity for BER=0.001 @ 19.2 kbits, frequency separation for fsk of 64 kHz, is -104 dBm. I wonder now how can I extrapolate this data in order to be able to estimate bit error rate for any given input power?

Thank you very much for you suggestions

BER is corresponding to SNR, Sense=-174+10logBW+NF+SNR.
Say BER, then SNR is fixed from math. So you can derive sense, or vice versa.

Hello,

@tony_lth: thanx for your answer.

Indeed, that's what I actually did. Now I wonder how to get BER vs SNR for realistic demodulator. At the moment I use BER = 1/2*e^(eb/(2No)). This is what I have found in a book for non-coherent binary FSK demodulation.

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back