Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Wire Dipole Resonance problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

yilmaztub

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a wire dipole antenna which i modeled as a driven element for a yagi at 2.45 GHz. When i was modelling in hfss i used a lumped a port between two wires. But when i built it on an SMA it seems like there is an extra resonance introduced to the dipole right after the main resonance. Does anybody has an idea about the source of the problem? -

Hi,

I have a wire dipole antenna which i modeled as a driven element for a yagi at 2.45 GHz. When i was modelling in hfss i used a lumped a port between two wires. But when i built it on an SMA it seems like there is an extra resonance introduced to the dipole right after the main resonance. Does anybody has an idea about the source of the problem? -

I do not know why any modeling is needed. If you cut a 0.47 lambda wire, i will resonate at the corresponding frequency.
If you built such dipole, how you conected it to the SMA connector? What matching you used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back