Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate in -25° temperature using Cadence Spectre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahrein

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Cadence spectre?

Guyz,

I wanna simulate my design at temperature -25° and 125°.

I can simulate if i make the temperature setting for 125°. But I cant simulate it when i put the value of temperature of -25°. The error occured saying that the PNP transistor is sensitive to temperature or the cje of the transistor is sensitive.

I am using cadence spectre. Is there any tips so that i can simulate the temperature of -25°?

Re: Cadence spectre?

If Simulator is giving error severely the parameter is going out of bounds. So you may need to change your transistor model itself. Actually the model parameters specified on model library file will define cje and simulaotr has got information to generate error if it goes out of bounds. This may be really a problem if you can not change your model library file.

why did I see different answers before and after logging in?

why did I see different answers before and after logging in?

Maybe you saw this years-old thread listed among the 'Recent' list on the home page?

It happens to me every once in a while. I don't know what would make the forum software decide an old thread is recent.

Re: Cadence spectre?

Hi Zahrein! how you simulate -25? If you use ADE there should not be any problem.
But from script, sometimes negative numbers are not passed to spectre. Try to put bracket and then try.

7 year old thread now hijacked with off topic question so I am closing it.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back