Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed in switching 1hp 230v ac motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

raman00084

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to make a ssr using triac to switch 5aurrent at 230v rating. please post any circuit diagram

what is the term zero crossing detector in triac drivers such as moc3041 what is the use of it can i use moc3021 for switching application that is triggering triac

please suggest some circuits

regards
kalyan

how to make a ssr using triac to switch 5aurrent at 230v rating. please post any circuit diagram

what is the term zero crossing detector in triac drivers such as moc3041 what is the use of it can i use moc3021 for switching application that is triggering triac

please suggest some circuits

Hi kalyan
I've a better suggestion . what if you tell us what you have done to obtain it till now ? you just asking to guide you trhough the 1st step ? or perhaps you did something and you failed ?
Nevertheless , in AC voltage you must be warned of commutation of triac . because your load is a motor ( inductive ) you must know how to turn the triac on and how to turn it off .

Best Wishes
Goldsmith

i am using triac for the first time before i used electro magnetic relay. kindly guid me how to start, any circuits?

"what is the term zero crossing detector in triac drivers ". The triac is switched on when the incoming AC volts are zero.This means at this instance there is no current flowing, it just flows as the sinewave goes from zero to max, so there is little radiated interference.
Frank

i am using triac for the first time before i used electro magnetic relay. kindly guid me how to start, any circuits?
Hi again
In this case i highly recommend you to change your aim . first try to do some simple experiments on triac and see it's behavior in practice and then go through the circuits like that . would you like that i tell you something about triac ? or perhaps lead you through some good stuffs in this area ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.