Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] `define under the `ifdef and `elsif in verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

imbichie

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Cochin/ Kerala/ India or Bangalore/ Karnataka/ Ind
Activity points
Hi all,

Is it possible to define the `define under the `ifdef and `elsif in verilog for synthesis.

When I did the same, it is simulating well, but when I synthesized the code its saying that the deines under teh `ifdef or `elsif are undeclared.

example:
Code:
`define X
`define Y
`define Z

`ifdef X
  `define a 2
  `define b 3
`elsif Y
  `define a 1
  `define b 1
`elsif Z
  `define a 2
  `define b 1
`endif

here the defined parameters a and b are showing as undeclared during synthesis...

Thanks in Advance

I guess, the problem hasn't to do with `ifdef usage. You are probably missing the required syntax for text macro insertion.

a will be undeclared, you'll write `a.

Hi FvM,
Thank you for your reply.
I was using the `a.
The define parameters are defined in params.v file.
But the thing is that during the simulation I commented the `include "./params.v" file in that module, and I added the ./params.v in the filelist. (otherwise it was giving error like the `include "./params.v" file is unable to open).
But when I was synthesizing the same code, I forgot to un-comment the `include "./params.v", so that is why the error came.
Once I un-commented the same the error gone and its working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back