Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer -> How To Model Existing Boards/Modules Into New Project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonofsteel

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking at working with pre made breakout boards and development boards. I would like to be able to document the connection between these as well as the creation of new schematics and PCB's to use with these. For example a STM32VLDiscovery board with a LCD and a new custom H-Bridge board.

What is the best way to go about this? There is a way to have a schematic with a main sheet that links to other sheets, but from the examples I have seen they are referring to sub-parts of the same circuit.

Would you create a schematic symbol for it or just a new schematic sheet and use off-page connectors? If you use a schematic it seems that it would be confusing to tell the difference between what is an IC and what is a dev board.

Anyone have any experience with this or know of a good tutorial? I read the ones I could find (especially the ones created by Altium) and I didn't see anything that looked quite right for this scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back