Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fourier Transform of sine wave in Simulink

Status
Not open for further replies.

rameshrai

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

How do I get Fourier Transform of sine wave signal in Simulink? I know the FFT but I want only Fourier Transform.

Looking forward for replies,

Thanks in advance,
Ramesh

I think there is one Fourier block in Simulink...search for demo "power_Fourier". The power_Fourier model shows two applications of the Fourier measurement block.

I think there is one Fourier block in Simulink...search for demo "power_Fourier". The power_Fourier model shows two applications of the Fourier measurement block.

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I checked those blocks, but I think these blocks performs only fourier analysis, in time domain. The phase output is good I think but I did not understand the magnitude plot.

Simple example, FT of a rectangular pulse has a sinc shape in frequency domain. I could not get this.

Are you sure this is the block to perform FT? Do you have any tutorials using this block?

Ramesh

The Fourier block performs a Fourier analysis of the input signal over a running window of one cycle of the fundamental frequency of the signal. The Fourier block can be programmed to calculate the magnitude and phase of the DC component, the fundamental, or any harmonic component of the input signal.

Doing a fft is easier, for a continuous signal, Fourier's method needs infinite sine and cosine terms, rendering the Fourier transform unusable in real situations. Still, i think you can write some codes to do a FT. Doing so, you can use s-functions in simulink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back