Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

audio convolution problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dflarsp_

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys,
i'm relatively new to dsp but im trying to learn. I wrote a convolution function for audiofiles in matlab. Just out of interest i convoluted white noise with a discrete dirac, and compared the frequency response of the convoluted white noise (outputsignal) with the orignial white noise (input signal). for frequencies around 20 - 200 Hz there are very small differences. with higher frequency the responses become identic, like it should be. the length of the convoluted signal is signal + dirac. i noticed when the length of the output signal is equal to the length of the input signal, i get a completely identic frequency response. I would greatly appreciate if anybody could explain this to me!

regards

I think that if you are convolving with the discrete dirac (unit impulse) the frequency response should be the same. Because the FT of the unit impulse is 1 and the convolution in the time domain maps to a product. Then you are multiplying your signal by 1 in the frequency domain.
Are you saying that the response differs for low frequency when you take the full output and it is identical if you truncate your output?

Status
Not open for further replies.