Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to display a hidden line as discontinous line in OpenGL

Status
Not open for further replies.

password

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Using OpenGL I can draw a 3D Cube. There are some reasons that I must display a hidden line as a discontinuous line. 3D Cube is just an example. Actually, the object I must display is more complicated.
Does OpenGL have any commands that help me to do that? Or I have to find an algorithm?
I do not know neither OpenGL commands nor algorithm.
Please help!
Thank you very much.
Regards
pass

Re: How to display a hidden line as discontinous line in Ope

I draw this picture for anyone that does not understand what I mean. You can see 3 hidden line from this viewpoint. I can write an OpenGL program that draw this cube, I can rotate but CAN NOT DISPLAY HIDDEN LINES AS DISCONTINUOUSE LINES LIKE THIS. You know, when rotating, some hidden line become visible and the others become invisible.
There is a trick. Just mapping on the face of this cube parallel black rectangles. I know the way, HOWEVER I don't like this trick.
Thanks for reading.
password is password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back