Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Motor control wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingsab

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. I'm trying to figure out how to control a motor salvaged from a NordicTrack exercise bike. A 6V tension motor. I'm guessing it's a step motor.
It has white, red and black wires going straight to it.
Adjacent to the motor is a cylindrical unit with a blue and a yellow wire.

Thanks for your help

https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/3461822800_1358202338.jpg

hi
it is not a stepper motor , 6 V is dc or ac ?

Ps is that a little water pump ?

6v dc. The motor is for positioning magnets in a stationary bike for resistance.

I ended up figuring it out on my own. Yellow and blue leads control the motor position. The higher the voltage, the faster the rotation. I use between 1.5 and 4.5V. Switch polarity to switch the direction. I still have no idea what the black, red and white are for but I dont need them.

I ended up figuring it out on my own. Yellow and blue leads control the motor position. The higher the voltage, the faster the rotation. I use between 1.5 and 4.5V. Switch polarity to switch the direction. I still have no idea what the black, red and white are for but I dont need them.

In the event anyone is interested the other 3 are leads to a potentiometer Re=(L) Wh=(C) Bl=(R). I am assuming the control board uses the resistance of the pot to determine the motor position when adjusting the tension on the c-magnet. That way if the resistance lead was disconnected at 10 and the board is adjusted then reconnected or the batteries re-inserted it is able to determine motor position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back