Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

external memory interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strike_UN

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
inorder to solve my memory problems with pic18f8722 i decided to use external ram with my project but i dont know from where i should start
so can some 1 give me the start point with materials or anything to understand how to do it in h/w and in coding
any help with be appreciated and thx in advance

wow lol wht agreat forum thx for caring!!!!!!!!

Hi,

To me the simplest way would be to add an EEPROM chip, this will allow you to easily rewrite all or any locations, and being non volatile you do not have to worry about saving the data before power off.

1 Mbit chips (128k x 1byte) are cheap enough and your Micro C should have a suitable module for it.

You can usually rewrite them 1 million times at least, data retention around 200 years.

Nothing to stop you using several of them, usually available with SPI or I2C inferfaces.

thx for replying and ye i found its library in mikroc and i think it will solve my problem tyvm

Status
Not open for further replies.