Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DS87C550 microcontroller help

Status
Not open for further replies.

neural_overload

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I am trying to construct a simple demo board with the DS87C550 8051 micro from dallas. I am having problems figuring out bootloader info from the masses of data sheets and app notes, in particular external memory interfacing.

Can anyone help with the process of writing a bootloader code, or a possible source of a precompiled one and whether they are standard or need changing for different types of memory. Is it correct i need two external memory devices, data and program?

The demo board needs to be in circuit programmable, which means i can download the code through serial port? What software handles this on pc side?

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

well it seems no one is replying to this one. Are their no good links out their? No great wisdom from those in the know?

I spose its just data sheet reading for me then!! I have got most of it figured now but have a question regarding bootloaders and OTP.

I can program bootloader into OTP only once starting at address 0000h but if i stuff it up and gotta do it again and dont have another chip can i load a new bootloader but having the start vector further up the memory? is their a way to do this, effectivly giving two (or hopefully more) chances at programming the OTP ROM??

thanks if anyone can help

It is easy to write a bootloader code, just learn how to use your serial port of your micro, but first you mst download the code into your micro or have a preprogrammed memory.

glenjoy said:
It is easy to write a bootloader code, just learn how to use your serial port of your micro, but first you mst download the code into your micro or have a preprogrammed memory.

Please, upload the source code for DS87C550's bootloader. Thank so you much.

hoangthanhtung said:
glenjoy said:

Please, upload the source code for DS87C550's bootloader. Thank so you much.

Make it for your self, another, do you have the parallel programmer for the DS87C550?

Try also looking at the website of PJRC, it will give you more idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.