Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM338T pin configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit90

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using LM338T as voltage regulator for my college project. I desire an output voltage of 3.5V. The datasheets available for LM338T say that its pin configuration is (ADJ OUT IN) when looking from the front side i.e from the side where the name is readable. But on connecting it that way, no regulated output is obtained. The output just keeps fluctuating as the input voltage is increased. Can you please give me the correct configuration, which gives the required voltage output. Also please clarify if different manufacturers have different pin configurations for the same IC.

Eagerly awaiting your reply.

Thanks a lot.

AMIT.

**broken link removed**

The pinout is correct and is standard for all LM338T devices. If you prototype your circuit while referring to the datasheet example schematic(s), it's easy to connect incorrectly since the schematic shows the pins arranged IN-ADJ-OUT instead of the correct ADJ-OUT-IN configuration. If this is a problem, it's easily remedied by redrawing the schematic with the regulator pinout corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back