Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with pic18f4520 and sinewave generator???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohideen

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
Well, my project is about the pic18f4520.
I have a sinewave as my input to my project board which consist of the pic18f4520.
My question isI need to create a program to count the number of positive waves from the sinewave in a period of 1min.

How do i do that??? Thanks...

first convert the sinewave to a squarewave usin some opamp like 741 or tlo72..make vcc 5v ok.then program pic as a counter.i think u can use ccp module in pic18 for that.input the squarewave to the pic..done

I am nt supposed to use any opamps...
and how do i program pic as a counter???

whats the specification of ur sinewave

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

okkk u can use a diode like in4148 to clip of negative half cycle...are u from kerala

The frquency sinewave is produced from a function gereator...
It would act as a heart signal...
and i am required to count the number of heartrate in one minute...
That is my aim of my project

ok then..there is timer0 in the pic u can program it as a counter..set the timer0 clk source bit as 1 then it will count on external pulse applied at
T0clk pin ok

do u have a program for the counter...
Becose i have nvr encountered a counter in pic before...
Thx

oooo i havent used it for any of projects that i had done..i used to encounter usually i2c or usart.mm counter arent used much.by the whats ur compiler for pic

I am not so sure of the compiler... I think it is MPLAB ICD 2

Status
Not open for further replies.