Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multielement radiation pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishek

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I am trying to run simulations using antenna arrays. The output files in FEKO give me the combined radition pattern. I want to see the individual radiation pattern of the antennas so i can see the effects of mutual coupling. Please let me know if there is a way to do it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks
Abhishek

There is a round about way if the direct way you request does not exist. Mutual coupling affects the input impedance of each element. From the difference between isolated element impedance and the impedance in the array you can determine the drive current in each case assuming a drive vlotage. Split the current into the isolated current and the extra current from coupling. The radiation pattern should be the superposition of the isolated pattern and the delta from the extra coupled current. For the delta, scale the magnitude and phase from the isolated pattern amplitude and phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back