Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using high frequency probes for spectrum analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

marco110

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
high frequency probes

anyone here uses those high frequency probes for spectrum analyzer? does it help in troubleshooting? is it accurate? is so any recommendation?

Re: high frequency probes

Hi, high frequency probe is usually operated up to a few GHz. Power measurement is not accuracy. I use it to do relative power measurement, to troubleshoot my RF circuit. For example, I use it to the output matching network of transceiver to locate any poor / cold soldering of passive components.

Sometimes, you can use it as a EMC probe to locate radiation from your PCB board.

high frequency probes

I have one in Lab.It is less accurracy than soldering directly a passive probe on PCB. But if you only care about gain of RF stage and not big power.It is quickly find problem.Be careful DC short circuit, it is very easy to damage your high price active probe.

high frequency probes

high frequency probe is one high impedance voltage picker.It is designed for minimal influence to the circuit with a moderate bandwidth.If used with VNA,it will be very convenience to check cascade chain problem without disconnect the chain.

It is helpful ,but sometimes it has not too good accuracy, and sometimes it is not useful at all.

Do you mean high frequency oscilloscope probe?

high frequency probes

if you mean high frequency probe or active probe, it is of course not for serious measurement, but for trobleshooting only,

it is a emitter follower,

check it whether is good condition before you use it,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back