Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cannot see Redhat Linux on my system after formating drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

free4kirru

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi every body,
i install Windows XP3 and Redhat linux5 in my desktop. once ihave a problem at that time only format c: drive after that redhat linux os not showing my system so i can repair redhat linux os with help linux os cd, showing redhat linux installtion completed but in booting not showing and how enter linux

please guide to me

Re: linux os

I don't use Red Hat so I can't be specific.

In general, if you install Windows first, then Linux, the Linux installer will ask how to partition the disk and will install a boot loader (probably Grub or Lilo).

If you do it the other way around, Linux first then Windows, the Windows installer will overwrite the boot loader and the Linux partition will seem to disappear.

You can usually fix this from a 'live' CD distribution by rebuilding the boot loader but how it is done will depend on the version of Red Hat you are using. Look for help on installing boot loaders and you should find some clues.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.