Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepper motor max speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jit_singh_tara

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends ,

i having a stepper motor bipolar 2nm , 1.8 deg .

When i run it at 24 volts ,i am not able to increase speed much (700us pulse high , 700us pulse low).

But when when i run it at 50 volts i am able to drive it at a higher speed(350 us ulse high ,350us pulse low) but the motor loses steps in between.

I want to know whether this is the maximum speed of motor .Anyone suggest how to proceed to have maximum speed without motor or driver overheating .i am using driver card as :psdd6056 - 2p .

What max speed can be achieved roughly ?

Thanks and regards
Jitender

To achieve maximum speed, a stepper motor should be operated with constant current rather than constant voltage, this also
avoids overheating. Furthermore accelerating and decelatering ramps are required above a certain maximum "start-stop-
frequency", otherwise you loose steps or the motor stops completely.

The maximum speed is basic parameter, that can be read from motor datsheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.