Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Initialization Procedure When External Device is Frame Sync Master

Status
Not open for further replies.

midou

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

In fact, it's my first time to work with DSP in general, I found many problems.

Now, I'm working with TMS320DM6437, I try to make the configuration of McBSP port interface as an SPI slave. For this, I'm following steps montionned in McBSP user's guide.

In this user's guide there are many initialization procedures, as I understand I have to work with this:

Initialization Procedure When External Device is Frame Sync Master

At the start of this procedure they say:

The initialization procedure assumes the following:
• Using a GPIO pin multiplexed with the McBSP FSX signal. If a dedicated GPIO pin is used instead,
skip step 1 and step 8b.
• Software polls the GPIO pin to detect the first frame sync. If the GPIO interrupt is used instead to detect the first frame sync, step 8 can be performed within an interrupt service routine (ISR).

Ok, for me I used a dedicated GPIO pin GPIO[105] and I polled the GPIO by the CCS.

I didn't found any problem in the instructions untill number 8 to the end which is:

8. Poll the GPIO pin (through reading the appropriate registers in the GPIO peripheral) to detect the first
transmit frame sync from the external device. Upon detection of the first frame sync, perform the
following in this order:

...not important
9. Service the McBSP:
a . If CPU polling is used to service the McBSP in normal operations, it can do so upon exit from the
ISR.
b . If the CPU interrupt is used to service the McBSP in normal operations, upon XRDY interrupt
service routine is entered. The ISR should be setup to verify that XRDY = 1 and service the McBSP
accordingly.
c . If the EDMA controller is used to service the McBSP in normal operations, it services the McBSP transmit the valid data. The receiver is also serviced properly by the DSP.

for me I will work with 9.b ---> CPU interrupt

My questions are:

*Is this need to use the DSP/BIOS Kernel?

*Normally, I will not use the GPIO interrupt, but to detect the frame synchronazation is it considered as a HWI interruption?

*Who can I setup the XRDY ISR? Is there predefined fonctions in CCS help me to make this?Where I have to declare the ISR function?

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back