Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC configuration for pcb design

Status
Not open for further replies.

mksng

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I'm buying an assembled PC mainly for PCB designing CAD purposes to run allegro/pads/expedition/cadstar etc to design multilayer PCBs. Please suggest me best (& affordable=budget of <25-30k Rs) configuration for best performance (including preferred Video graphics cards). Thanks in advance...

MK

I don't know the software you are planning to use, but I design electronics & PCBs. PCB design & layout is not a demanding application for a computer so most computers should do a decent job. The graphics used is simple - no rendering, limited colour palette, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Keith

mksng said:
Hi All,
I'm buying an assembled PC mainly for PCB designing CAD purposes to run allegro/pads/expedition/cadstar etc to design multilayer PCBs. Please suggest me best (& affordable=budget of <25-30k Rs) configuration for best performance (including preferred Video graphics cards). Thanks in advance...

MK
You do not need a fancy computer for running all of these programs. If you have extra money, add more RAM and better graphic card.

if you use EAGLE, you dont have to buy expensive pc.

I'll be using Allegro, Cadstar, Pads, OrCAD etc. Now I'm planning to go for Laptop but I'm apprehensive about the performance compared to desktop as I've not used laptop for pcb design cad till now. If there are any users of Laptop please advice...
Thanks

u can use 'Express PCB', its freeware & no need for high specification pc.
i already use it.. some more it easy to use... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.