Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bandpass active filter Current feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon_03

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CFA

i want to design bandpass active filter Current feedback (CFA) with the center frequency 50MHZ by using sallen-key topology.

i would like to know which OP amp i have to use and its possible to increase the center frequency to 100MHZ

Re: CFA

dragon_03 said:
i want to design bandpass active filter Current feedback (CFA) with the center frequency 50MHZ by using sallen-key topology.
i would like to know which OP amp i have to use and its possible to increase the center frequency to 100MHZ

As indicated by you (name of the topic) a CFA type seems to be appropriate with a UGB of at least 700...800 MHz.
Concerning the second question, do you mean frequency tuning or fixed design?

dragon_03 said:

You cannot put reactive components (capacitors or inductors) in the feedback of current feedback amps.

Keith.

keith1200rs said:
You cannot put reactive components (capacitors or inductors) in the feedback of current feedback amps.
Keith.

Hi keith,

I am afraid you have overlooked the fact that in Sallen-Key (S+K) structures the CFA is used as a noninverting amplifier without any capacitive feedback. The S+K topology is the only one which allows CFA`s .

LvW said:
keith1200rs said:
Keith.

Hi keith,

I am afraid you have overlooked the fact that in Sallen-Key (S+K) structures the CFA is used as a noninverting amplifier without any capacitive feedback. The S+K topology is the only one which allows CFA`s .

My mistake. Thanks. Sorry if I caused any confusion to anyone.

Keith.

keith1200rs said:

Keith.

Don't mention it.
Regards

LvW said:
keith1200rs said:

Keith.

Don't mention it.
Regards

I must admit, when I get to 50MHz or above I would probably be looking at passive LC filters, but it depends on the applications.

Keith.

keith1200rs said:

I must admit, when I get to 50MHz or above I would probably be looking at passive LC filters, but it depends on the applications.

Keith.

Yes, I agree - 50...100 MHz are rather high for active filtering. However, it`s possible with high performance CFA`s or OTAs.
vW

i would like to know which "current feedback OP AMP" work at high frequency
:?:

Status
Not open for further replies.