Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7-seg to BCD decoder 74C915 info request

Status
Not open for further replies.

edart

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
74c915

Anyone have any info on an MM74C915 7-segment decoder?

Would like to make a pal replacement but know very little about it :( .

Here's hoping!

7 seg to bcd

If anyone understands Polish :wink: , could they have a quick look at this link & confirm if it discusses this subject? It seems to mention the 74C915 in some of the text.

Pal Design

Many thanks,

bcd dekoder

What do you want to achieve? Replace a 74c915 with a PAL/GAL? Or just need a 7seg2bcd decoder?

I would say the polish page just mentions the 74c915 as an example how to replace it with a GAL...

7 segment to bcd

Thanks Davorin

I am attemting to repair to a 3rd party board using one of these devices.

I would like to a) understand the pinouts and its operation
b) replace it with either a PAL or a dedicated component, whichever is the most convenient

Can you point me toward any 7seg2bcd devices?

Regards

mm74c915

THe only info I saw was that the 74C915 is a 18pin device...whereas PAL/GAL´s are 20/24 pins...so you would need to do a "hack" anyway (o;

Maybe you can find out to which chips it is connected (input/output) so we know which segments/bcd lines go where...then you have to specify which device you intend to use..I suggest 16V8 device...and which tool to assemble/program..

Trying to download some old cmos/ttl databook cdrom´s ...maybe I find something in my old databooks as well...

stay tuned (o;

pal bcd to 7-segment decoder

Found this in my orcad library.Most of the pin labels are obvious.
Just some of them might be a bit cryptic.

F | 3 16 | B
G | 4 15 | A
EO| 5 14 | IC
OE| 6 13 | MO
D0| 7 12 | LE
D1| 8 11 | D3
Vss | 9 10 | D2
|__________________|

bcd decoder

Sorry,edart!!

My text drawing seems to have lost its formatting.

7seg to bcd

Here the pinout and truth table of the 74915 I've found on an older databook CD (o;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back