Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electricity bill in standby or running mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronics_kumar

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
if my TV or any of my other electrical appliances are connected in standby mode then i want to know whether i am burning current or not i using current finally i have to pay the bills or else i have to pay only if it is in running mode and no bills if it is in standby mode

An average color TV in "stanby" mode will have about 5 to 10watts of current consumption as the equipment will be powered to accept your command through a remote or any key press. Thus the metering will run the counts and you will be payiing for keeping the TV in standby mode.

Where did you get this 5-10W information from? It seems too much for a sleep mode...

Knowing is fun when experienced. My own TV consumes about 0.022 ampheres when in standby mode (220-230vac)

pranam77 said:
Knowing is fun when experienced. My own TV consumes about 0.022 ampheres when in standby mode (220-230vac)

how you measured simply by connecting ammeter in series or it is a info printed in brochure

I measured it with my Fluke Multimeter in AC ampheres range in sieres to the power supply socket when the TV was connected. It measured 0.022 A in standby and 0.461 A when the TV was switched On.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back