Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Kind of Problem with Model Sim

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepu_s_s

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
modelsim waiting for lock

Hello Friends,
I am facing new problem with model sim simulator. When i am trying to compile any file , i am getting one message as

1)vlog -reportprogress 300 work work. H:/DCT/DCT

2)waiting for lock by .Lockfile is work/_Lock.

The second statement is coming continuously as long as the simulator is running. But the all the statements are executing if we try to execute. After the execution of the command, again the second statement started running.

I re-installed the sim,but of no use. Please help me friends

Thanks and Regards
Deepak

modelsim lockfile

I had a similar problem several times in the past. ModelSim will crash during a simulation and corrupt the files in the project folder. Re-installing the software does not help. Once, the ModelSim tech line was able to help me uncorrupt the project. However. other times they could not fix it.

The solution that always works is to just make an entirely new project and start simulating from that new project folder. It does not corrupt any source code or "DO" scripts. So you can copy all those over. Don't copy any of the ModelSim specific project files or you will copy the problem into the new version of the project. This is a pain to do on large projects. Therefore, I try to take screenshots of the settings and configurations to help quickly setup the new version.

waiting for lock by modelsim

Hi Banjo,

Thanks for your advice. My problem was solved. The problem was occurred because the simulation might be stopped in the middle; before the simulation gets finished. Then a file called _LOCK file will be created in the work library. This causes the problem. I deleted that _LOCK file and the problem was solved. I thought of doing what u suggested if this doesnt work.

Thanks and Regards
Deepak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back