Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ispLEVER Classic problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITP

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
isplever classic

Hi,

I am using ispLEVER Classic Schematic editor for coding for Lattice GAL16V8D 10LP chip. I am new to this software and GAL. I have following doubts.

1. How can I edit the Constraint to change Default PIN assignments.
2. How can I do PIN locking (This means physical pins should not change if I modify my code)
3. I am trying connect output of some combinational logic to clock input of a flipflop. But it complaints that this fliplop requires PIN1 as input. What could be the problem.
Please help.

Thanks and regards
Itp

problem with constraint editor in isplever

I didn't ever use Lattice with schematic input, for VHDL input, pins assignments and other definitions are made in the constraint editor. But my experience with this software is very limited, I just used it in a project.

The pin 1 issue is very simple. GAL or PAL have pin 1 as one and only clock input. If you want to drive it from logic, you have to use an external loopback.

ITP

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.