Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Request for help in project on Wimax

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahnoor

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
I am a student of telecom engineering in Comsats Institute of Information Technology Lahore.My final year project is the simulation of physical layer of Wimax in NS2.Please in help me and inform me that in what way and in what direction I should start my project.Also NS2 is new to me.Help me in that respect as well.Please send me any kind of material relative to my project.My Email ID is:faheem_ciit@yahoo.com.I waiting for your reply.
Thanks.

yes that is good (Paulys' post). you need test vectors to make sure that you have got correct implementation.

Although, implementing WiMax as a full standard (even if only for Layer-1) as a academic project is difficult. First do some study. List out the features (modulation schemes, FEC encoding schemes, permutation schemes) you want to support.

Implementing standard is not innovative. You should have aim -
1. Improved performance over a particular platform
2. Any particular algorithm improvement. Detection, channel estimation at receiver end is a nice problem (considering pilot structure of WiMax)

Best wishes.

Thanks for helping me.Sir I have no idea about FEC encoding schemes and permutation schemes.Please tell me about them.I will need your help troughout my project.I shall be very thankful to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.