Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Check crystal working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey,i wanna check crystal 0f 8.704Mhz,using network analyzer,plz help me,i wanna know more abt the test procedure
Network analyser shows the particular portion of the network where the crystal oscillates. There is nothing callled a "test prociedure". You need to know the operation and setting of the instrument. Just clip the ground pin, and point the probe to the point you need to measure. The band covered by the crystals frequency will be revealed on the screen. You may also use a frequency counter or even an oscilloscope to check the working of the same for ease. Some multimeters too have an option for checking frequencies up to 30 Mhz.

I tired to simulate xtal check 1713 circuit in multisim. But i didnt get the correct result for this. please could some one point the mistake.Here is the simulation file
View attachment sim1.7z

Last edited:

It works but most simulators take a long time to start simulating due to high Q-factor of the crystal.
Also make sure your simulator settings is as below and you will see oscillations and the LED come on around 4.7ms of transient simulation time.

Thanks for the reply.After changing the settings as above i got the output in 1.8ms.

Last edited:

Thanks for the reply.After changing the settings as above i got the output in 1.8ms.

It must be because the crystal model Q you used is different from the one I used. I used the HC_49/US_11MHz and your circuit has a HC_49/U_11MHz

I have made hardware for this circuit and it works fine.It would help me a lot.Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.