Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A problem with HFSS 10 on a dual core computer, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantastic

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I did a HFSS10.0 simulation on a dual core computer. When I set the number of solver to be 1, both of the two cpus' efficiency is about 50%;When I set the number of solver to be 2, the cpus' efficiency could research 50%-98%.However, this could only run for a while , then, both of the two cpus' efficiency decrease to 0%. What's the reason for this?My computer's setting is as following:
CPU:Core2 E6750
Ram:2G DDR2 800

Do I need to update my OS to 64 bit ?

Hi Friend,

Though I use Concerto but am familiar with HFSS. I had attended one seminar by Ansoft. They say that they have a newer version (compatible with duo-core) which runs on 64-bit win platform.

So I beleive you must upgrade to 64-bit version of win.

Sai

i think you only need 64-bit when you have more than 4G RAM

Hello, Sai
Thank you for your reply. What is the new version of HFSS? You mean HFSS11? My company only have HFSS 10. What can I do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back