Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to program the Arduino to make the servo do variable speed movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinli

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I bought an Arduino controller online and bought several bus servos to make a quadruped robot. I want to use Arduino to control the servo variable speed movement and can show it on the LCD display in real-time.
I found that the control program given by the store can only realize the uniform motion of the servo mode, and I would like to ask how to program the algorithm to realize the variable speed motion of the servo bionic.

A servo motor simulation .... only you know what this means.
They are very similar .... to what?
As long as the replacement servo ... I have no idea
that formal robot can also operate in this way ... what robot? Which way?

But I could be wrong and I might need more help from you. .... Without clear information I can't help.

I have no idea what you want to achieve.

Klaus
I did have an idea whether a quadruped robot could do variable speed motion, but I was almost completely ignorant about robots, so I bought the servo pretending to be the quadruped of the robot, and if I could control the servo to do variable speed motion, it would be the same as being able to control the variable speed motion of a quadruped robot.

Now I recognize I was wrong in asuming you want to build a quadcopter.

Klaus
My ability is not enough to build a quadruped robot, I will search and learn how the servo works on the internet, I am very sorry to bother you so long.

Thanks for your enthusiastic reply too, maybe I need to learn a bit about how the servo works from the basics.
Nothing can beat that!!
--- Updated ---

Try this one as a start.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

Last edited:

Nothing can beat that!!
--- Updated ---

Try this one as a start.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

Yes, I will, thank you very much!

I have experience with servos for a model airplane. Control pulses vary from 1 to 2 milliSec in length. The controller sends about 50 per second. The arm responds about as quickly as you move the joystick.

If you want the arm to take a certain length of time to move to a different position, change pulse lengths in tiny increments (say by a few millionths of a second) during the desired timeframe. It's identical to the effect if we were to move the joystick slowly.

I bought an Arduino controller online and bought several bus servos to make a quadruped robot. I want to use Arduino to control the servo variable speed movement and can show it on the LCD display in real-time.
I found that the control program given by the store can only realize the uniform motion of the servo mode, and I would like to ask how to program the algorithm to realize the variable speed motion of the servo bionic.
You can use a driver board that has all kinds of controls for the servo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back