Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

zigbee video transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

shobhan03

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
so i was under the impression that i could use a zigbee module for wireless transmission of video feed from the camera. but as it turns out, since the zigbee module is a low data rate module, its not advisable for video transmission.

so what is the bottom line ? it cannot be used in anyways for video transmission ? suppose i am not much interested the high quality feed of it, what if i wanted just a rough idea of what is happening in the other part of the room?

what is the best possible outcome of video transmission over zigbee?

You could utilize ZigBee in a time lapse fashion, transmitting every Nth frame and discarding the others. The technique would give you a time lapse recording similar to a security camera setup.

BigDog

Hi shobhan03!

As far as I know, ZigBee is not the best way to transmit a video. ZigBee is suited for short messages (often) coming from low power nodes. Maybe someone has already transmitted videos using ZigBee, but if I had a project like that in my hands, I would defenitely go for Bluetooth.

shobhan03 said:
it cannot be used in anyways for video transmission ?

Since we are talking about data through the air, then yes it could be used. But its use for the time beeing is far from that.
A couple of months back I saw that the Alliance is preparing a new standard:

**broken link removed**

Something tells me that ZigBee is coming into Bluetooth's market dynamically!

As far as I know, ZigBee is not the best way to transmit a video. ZigBee is suited for short messages (often) coming from low power nodes. Maybe someone has already transmitted videos using ZigBee, but if I had a project like that in my hands, I would defenitely go for Bluetooth.

Actually the more optimal solution would be implementing a WiFi network, the WiFi module has greater distance, throughput and versatility with WiFi modules priced at or below that of Bluetooth.

However, I agree, ZigBee is not the optimal solution. Although, transmitting single frames and then compiling them into a "time lapse video" is definitely doable.

BigDog

getting single frames, transmitting single, time lapse video, sounds a bit of job to me ! but anyways, until zigbee comes out with some Bluetooth standards as , have to rely on RF communication i guess.
i bet if zigbee comes out with some high data rate transmission standards, with the physical size of existing zigbee, nothing better then that can happen !

hello ,
i want to transmitt a video over zigbee .....from where should i start????any help relating to the code of this programme....please....i will wait for your reply....thanx

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.