Not open for further replies.

shobhan03

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
so i was under the impression that i could use a zigbee module for wireless transmission of video feed from the camera. but as it turns out, since the zigbee module is a low data rate module, its not advisable for video transmission.

so what is the bottom line ? it cannot be used in anyways for video transmission ? suppose i am not much interested the high quality feed of it, what if i wanted just a rough idea of what is happening in the other part of the room?

what is the best possible outcome of video transmission over zigbee?

You could utilize ZigBee in a time lapse fashion, transmitting every Nth frame and discarding the others. The technique would give you a time lapse recording similar to a security camera setup.

BigDog

Hi shobhan03!

As far as I know, ZigBee is not the best way to transmit a video. ZigBee is suited for short messages (often) coming from low power nodes. Maybe someone has already transmitted videos using ZigBee, but if I had a project like that in my hands, I would defenitely go for Bluetooth.

shobhan03 said:
it cannot be used in anyways for video transmission ?

Since we are talking about data through the air, then yes it could be used. But its use for the time beeing is far from that.
A couple of months back I saw that the Alliance is preparing a new standard:

**broken link removed**

Something tells me that ZigBee is coming into Bluetooth's market dynamically!

Actually the more optimal solution would be implementing a WiFi network, the WiFi module has greater distance, throughput and versatility with WiFi modules priced at or below that of Bluetooth.

However, I agree, ZigBee is not the optimal solution. Although, transmitting single frames and then compiling them into a "time lapse video" is definitely doable.

BigDog

getting single frames, transmitting single, time lapse video, sounds a bit of job to me ! but anyways, until zigbee comes out with some Bluetooth standards as , have to rely on RF communication i guess.
i bet if zigbee comes out with some high data rate transmission standards, with the physical size of existing zigbee, nothing better then that can happen !

hello ,
i want to transmitt a video over zigbee .....from where should i start????any help relating to the code of this programme....please....i will wait for your reply....thanx

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.