Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Zigbee into WiFi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Externet

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good day. Am lost in space with the subject, trying if this is the proper forum. Please move or delete if improper.

A solar photovoltaic inverter tied to grid in my house uses a Zigbee communications/reporting/diagnosis/updating which I know peanuts about.
It is a H6 SolarCity, an obsolete unit unsupported by its manufacturer Delta - Tesla. From my understanding, it is supposed to communicate periodically with a Tesla server about its performance.
I do not have WiFi at home. I do not have Zigbee at home. And I think the Tesla corporation server rejects/ignores obsolete units.
Can any smart phone application for Zigbee allow access to the inverter diagnostics/performance parameters ? All I would like is to see its performance on my phone by linking the phone WiFi to the Zigbee directly, no router involved... if possible.:rolleyes: Reports KW being generated in real time, voltages, currents... and a dozen more parameters.

Its manual if convenient ----> https://www.greatsolarpanels.com/wp...ybrid-Inverter_v1.1_02_03_17-release22838.pdf

Thank you.

Link is blocked - at least for me.
According to https://webpages.uncc.edu/~jmconrad/ECGR6185-2007-01/notes/IEEE_ZigBee.pdf, ZigBee is closer to Bluetooth than WiFi. It works in the same 2.4GHz frequency range but also has 868MHz and 915MHz bands - if your device uses one of those then perhaps look for a LORA receiver (which I think uses those frequencies depending on the country).
What you might be able to do is to create a small device that uses a ZigBee transceiver and displays the results on a small screen. If you can do that then you might also be able to re-send the data via a WiFi signal to whatever.
There are many ZigBee projects out there. In fact a quick look shows that there is an ESP32-H2 chip that does the ZigBee part for you. ESP32s are fairly common devices for hackers to program.
However all of this is really just guessing without seeing the document that you linked to.
Susan

Unlikely that you'll be able to talk to the inverter via ZigBee without a protocol specification from the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back