Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Zeland IE3DLibrary and Finite Dielectrics

Status
Not open for further replies.

ie3duser

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I am using IE3D to simulate a antenna design. My design is parameterized in IE3DLibrary for optimization purposes. However if I want to simulate the circuit with a finite dielectric plane, I have to export the design into MGRID and then manually change the design so it represents a finite dielectric.

Is it possible to simulate parameterized designs in IE3DLibrary with finite dielectrics? I can't find anything in the IE3DLibrary manual that will help me with this. Thanks.

At this time, finite dielectrics is not implemented in IE3DLibrary. It should be there some time after IE3D 14 release. IE3D 14 will be released tomorrow. Regards.

Does that mean finite dielectrics are implemented in version 14 of IE3D that has just been released, or do you mean that this kind of feature will be put into a later patch of version 14?

Hi:

Finite dielectric modeling has been on IE3D since version 10.1 (I believe). Userfs can define finite dielectrics on the main interface MGRID. However, it is not implemented in the IE3DLibrary interface. It is not there on v14. We hope we can do it in the next major release. Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back