Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

z-parameter calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedighe

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
z parameters

hi friends
can anyone tell me how i can calculate z-parameter of a 2 port, from it's Zin and Zout?
thanks

z parameter

Zin not equal Z11
Zout not equal Z22

z-parameters

Hi, sedighe:

For a 2-port structure, there is no Zin and Zout clearly defined. Any possible Zin or Zout needs to be under some conditions. For example, you can define Zin is the input impedance at port 1 when port 2 is open-circuited, and Zout is the input impedance at port 2 when port 1 is open-circuited. If you define them in such a way, Zin = Z11 and Zout = Z22. However, you still need some other independent conditions to find out Z12 and Z21. You need 3 independent measurements in order to solve Z11, Z22 and Z12. If Z21 is not the same as Z12, you will need 4 independent measurements to solve the 4 quantities.

Best regards,

z parameter calculation

I have been working on a similar question.

Gonzales,"Microwave Transistor Amplifiers, Analysis and Design" section 1.9 provides an excellent guide on how the various scattering parameters interact.

It will take some effort to wade through them.

( And no, I do not have an e-book, just a paper copy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back