Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

your suggestion for a master degree

Status
Not open for further replies.

medra

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hot master degrees

Hi all

I hope to hear from you your suggestions about a Master degree topics in digital communication. what is hot now?

Do you encourage working on LDPC and turbo codes?what is hot in coding now?

hope to hear from all of you sson

communication master degree topics

I think coding is overflooded

u can go for Turbo coding

But i suggest to go for Hybrid ARQ/FEC and make it channel Adaptive...........

medra

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
suggestion for degree

consider your circumstance of project

LDPC and turbo code is hard, maybe

medra

why do you consider working on LDPC or turbo codes hard??

please illustarte more

Reed_Solomon using Guruswami-Sudan algorithm (algebraic soft decoding approach) for VLSI

medra

medra said:
why do you consider working on LDPC or turbo codes hard??

please illustarte more

I would consider neither hard. Thanks to Almighty, I have decent Matlab skills and also comm. algo skills to attempt any of these.

I suggest that, if you have about 4 months, then choose any topic, take 2 weeks to learn how to create a simple modem in Matlab.

After that, learn the theory of your Error Correcting Code and once you are aware of theory, you would naturally know how to write a Matlab code for it (Matlab has a built in function for LDPC)

Use the function in your modem code to get the output.

So if you have good skills in logic, no topic is difficult

If you need some help, you can send an email to yahoo group "telecom_research" and if you are interested in ofdm you can send an email to yahoo group "ofdmandmatlab". Some one might help you there too

medra

thanks dear Communications_Engineer, do you have another suggestions for a master topic??

Yes , you could considered that I have about 4 monthes , is there some thing specific in LDPC or turbo coding that researcher are working on??

waiting for your appreciated reply

you should familiar with coding theory if you want to study LDPC and turbo coding

medra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back