Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Your advices for my newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiles

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If someone suggest you to design for them "something" to interface, control, monitor the operations of some peripheral devices, what is the sequence of steps that you intend to finish that work ?
And if you know someday, you will be the one that they suggest to do that job, what is the preparations now ?
Thanks !!!

There are lots of things you have to specify
what do you mean by peripherals?
are you using a pc?
what is the type of component?
these are some of the first concerns
give all the details to go on

for example, they want you to design a system for monitoring the operation of an autoclave, the temperature raises and if it reaches specified temperature than stop raising, if the temperature exceed or below the allowed range than stop the autoclave.
I don't know how to begin with this work and what will the result look like ?
Thanks !

Oh, i guess u should try starting with a flow chart which would help u in ur programming in future. Just suggesting.
Also wat program will u be using?

One suggestion. Keep current on what products are available so that you don't spend valuable time reinventing something. For your autoclave example there are PID controllers to do what you require. Your job becomes one of integration for this example. The same applies to IC's and sensors. I remember designing and building a dual switched integrator (in the mid '80s) just to find out that Burr-Brown had a single IC that did everything I required. I could have finished much sooner if I had known...

1. You have to define the scope of work clearly.
2. Study each concerned subject.
3. Do some simulation if practiceable.
4. Checking for available materials to serve the purpose.
5. You are ready and confidently to do that job.

smiles

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back