Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

YES PROTEUS SP5 CAN WORK WITH PIC BASIC PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fragrance

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using proteus pro SP5 successfully with Pic Basic Pro because proteus pro is more flexible then the lite version and can simulate the hex file directly with chip with out building the source code such as .Asm file in side the environment.
This is very simple just select the properties of the chip (Pic chip which you are using in your design) and click the program file option add your hex file with it! Be sure the hex file should be in your proteus directory or folder.
For example compile the basic code using pic basic pro and resulted hex file copy in the proteus folder or directory.
I am going to attach a complete example using proteus with pic basic pro this is flashing led example and also a demo how to add your hex file with chip, see how it work out side the environment,
I hope this will be a good guide to start proteus SP5 with other compiler how ever SP6 have this option built in for c and basic.
To view the demo you must install the java plug in with you Internet explorer once you extract the demo run the file proteus_viewlet.html

REGARDS
KHALID :lol:

HI.. all,

This is just out of my curiosity. Is it possible to be able to debug the (MELAB) PicBasic source code like we can debug C-sourcecode generated from the K*E*I*L's 8051 C-compiler? I believe that we need some kind of a dynamic library link (dll) file to tell the Proteus about Picbasic source code.
Any other ideas?? :?

DSPnut

Ok friend i understand your need please found this, the file was uploaded by simbox but this will work only with crownhill pic basic plus

hope this will be use full

regards
khalid

Fragrance:

thanks a lot! before i don't know that must keep the *.hex file within the proteus folder, so everytime when i summulate, always looks like the program didn't load into the 8051 chip!

You saved my life.

Brant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back