Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xonfigurator - changing the resolution of the monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

p_shinde

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Xonfigurator

hello,

when i am trying to change the resolution of my monitor using Xconfigurator, after going through the mentioned steps , the screen gets changed after last step ....but then as i click on OK that " a configuration file has been written in X11" , the screen resolution sets back to the previours one...y thats so?

hw to overcome this?

thanks,
Prasad

Xonfigurator

Are you sure that the configurator didn't create an external file that you must rename or add as a startup parameter?

Re: Xonfigurator

it said something related to file... startx , but it didnt worked ?

Xonfigurator

mmm....doesn't help a lot.
ussually when I configure X with a prog, it writes a xorg.conf.new file and I test the file with
startx --config xorg.conf.new
if it works, then rename the xorg.conf.new to xorg.conf

Re: Xonfigurator

there is no file like xorg.conf?

is that similar to XFree86?

thanks,
Prasad

Xonfigurator

some distros still use XFree86 where others now use Xorg. it is exactly the same.
I can't remember XFree86 settings so well, but the .conf file should be in /etc/X11
take a look there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back