Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

xilinx xcv3200e always resets reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

fighter

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fpga reset

i use xilinx xcv3200e for asic verification,after the target was configured,and i run some programs,the fpga was always reset,
i dont know why????????????plus:i configurate the fpga with parallel download cable,i just guess the pc LPT's signals did it!!!!!I'm not sure!
anybody like to help me!thanks a lot!

Hi,

this migth be caused by an instable power supply, when
the fpga takes too much current.
I had this problem in the past.

Courant

Yes, it's really important to have a power who delivre more 1 A when you program your start to put your fpga in function, or when you program it

Hi,

How do you know it's been programmed properly?

Look at this comments I added some time ago

**broken link removed**

If it's been configured then start for somethign simple, just create a design with no FFs, only combinational logic, a couple of LEDs on an OFF when you toggle a switch, that will definitly tell you that your has been programmed. Add some synchronous logic (and a source clock) to your LED design and perform the same tests, if they don't go on/off then you might have a reset problem, it happens very often, you program your device and stays on reset.

If that happens could be for different reasons, bad VHDL/Verilog coding, bad synthesis...a simple way to do test it is using the the ROC module (Rest On Clear), you can instantiate it, simulate it and if is happy synthesis the design (the ROC module will be optimise away but you building tool will infer the correct reste levels for your FFs).

Have a look to your power rails as it's been pointed by optronic and playelectron.

Good luck!
Regards,

-Ulises

The easiest way to know if it's configured or not is to look at the power supply: power comsumption jumps as soon as it is completly configured.

I had a problem like the one you described a while ago. I don't remember what was the exact solution, but it was pretty stupid (setting in software or invalid pin assignment). As maestor said, start with a simple load and see if you have any activity on the board.

Try to put a capacitances in the corner of your FPGA PCB between the GND and VCC the capacitance should be 100nF / 16V ; try it and tell me the results !

fpga reset

you should check your hardware circuit.
perhaps there are a lot of small matter.
you should assure that hardware is intact before you begin to debug the software.

fpga reset

Above all, you didn't know whether the configuration is completed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back