Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx XCF08P programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemes

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
xcf08p

Hi to all
I'm attempting to program the device using parallel port and my own code.
I can erase, blank check, readID, and read a single 256 bit page using a simple parallel port connected to the device. Sometimes the TAP jtag state machine returns 0xff whatsoever actions I do, so I should reset it. Moreover when I start programming, after some pages the result is an error, either if I check the OP_STATUS register and the response is "ready" (0x36). In this situation I can't recover. Someone experienced something in programming this device?

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately I should implement the programming on custom boards in which there isn't the parallel port. The experiments of programming using PC parallel port is only for understanding the tecnique for programming using Jtag TAP state machine.
I apologize if there was this misunderstanding.
best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back