Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

xilinx virtex II fpga pin assignment (ISE Webpack 7.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuit

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I see this statement in teh UCF file assigning location E1 to signal data_p
NET "data_p" LOC = "E1" | IOSTANDARD = LVDS_33 ;

but i do not see the location for data_n which is negative differential signal. so where is this assigned ? When I see teh schematics, i see E2 is location where data_n is assigned. how is this happening ?

Added after 1 hours 46 minutes:

I found the answer for this

HDL Instantiation:

Only one input buffer is required to be instantiated in the design and placed on the correct IO_L#P location. The N-side of the buffer will be reserved, and no other IOB is allowed to be placed on this location.

In the physical device, a configuration option is enabled that routes the pad wire from the IO_L#N IOB to the differential input buffer, located in the IO_L#P IOB. The output of this buffer then drives the output of the IO_L#P cell or the input register in the IO_L#P IOB. In FPGA Editor, it will appear that the second buffer is unused. However, any attempt to use this location for another purpose will cause a DRC error in the software.

Ok. So now my question is. can these pins be re-assigned as single ended signals. Is it just that i have to redefine the pins, ex

NET "1" LOC = "D1" | IOSTANDARD = LVCMOS33 ;
NET "2" LOC = "C1" | IOSTANDARD = LVCMOS33 ;

C1 and D1 represent locations IO_L01P_7 and IO_L01N_7

Added after 31 minutes:

well i guess the location IO_LXXY _# XX is number and Y is P/N can be configured as single ended or differntial as per our requirement.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back