Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

xilinx spartan 3E vs 3A starter kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestvlsi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am new to FPGA design and want to practise digital design . Can anyone give me pointers to which of the following two starter boards (spartan 3E vs 3A) should I go for since I wont be able to clearly tell whats the specifications mean related to digital design.

Moreover are there additionals expenses related to cables etc. as I have read we have to buy cables separately(as the originals are expensive)..and what will be there cost?

Regards

Are you already considering two development boards one with Spartan 3E and the other Spartan3A?

Or are you selecting the FPGA first?

BigDog

i wanna buy one also for practise
i have 200 dollars ^_^ can i get one ?

i wanna buy one also for practise
i have 200 dollars ^_^ can i get one ?

If you have settled on Xilinx FPGAs, my personal preference would be a Digilent FPGA Board.

**broken link removed**

Their quality, documentation and customer support is excellent, with the pricing quite reasonable and large student discounts available.

Another feature of the Digilent Dev Boards in general I find very advantageous is their PMODs, which are a wide range of add on peripheral modules, all sharing a common interface.

**broken link removed**

As far as specific FPGA boards, I personally own seven different versions, however I'll recommend the following for in the $200 range:

I own several of the above two boards, I've bought about half of them on eBay at deep discounts.

If you qualify for an academic discount consider the following:

You really can't go wrong with any of the Digilent Boards, their PMODs come in handy with other projects as well.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back