Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx Platform Cable USB and Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMeyer

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
xilinx platform cable usb ii

Has anyone used the FCPU-X USB JTAG Downloader cable in Windows 2000? How compatible is it with the Xilinx Cables? Same software?

Here is my situation: We are using the Xilinx Platform Cable USB for on-board programming in low volume production. It's been working flawlessly:D but now we'd like to make another fixture so we need another Platform Cable USB. Xilinx has replaced the Platform USB with a new version II. The problem is that several of our test computers are a few years old and use the Windows 2000 operating system. Xilinx's version II doesn't support Windows 2000.:cry: While we could update the computers, they are also used to produce several other products and I'd have to verify all of them after the upgrade.

fcpu-x platform cable

GMeyer said:
Has anyone used the FCPU-X USB JTAG Downloader cable in Windows 2000? How compatible is it with the Xilinx Cables? Same software?

Here is my situation: We are using the Xilinx Platform Cable USB for on-board programming in low volume production. It's been working flawlessly:D but now we'd like to make another fixture so we need another Platform Cable USB. Xilinx has replaced the Platform USB with a new version II. The problem is that several of our test computers are a few years old and use the Windows 2000 operating system. Xilinx's version II doesn't support Windows 2000.:cry: While we could update the computers, they are also used to produce several other products and I'd have to verify all of them after the upgrade.

Features:
Supported on Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux •
Automatically senses and adapts to target I/O voltage I
Interfaces to devices operating at 5V (TTL), 3.3V (LVCMOS), 2.5V, 1.8V, and 1.5V
LED Status Indicator • CE, USB-IF, and FCC compliant Intended for development
— not recommended for production programming
• Pb-free (RoHS-compliant) • Configures all Xilinx devices
Devices Support Details:
♦ All Virtex™ FPGA families
♦ All Spartan™ FPGA families
♦ XC9500 / XC9500XL / XC9500XV CPLDs
♦ CoolRunner™ XPLA3 / CoolRunner-II CPLDs
♦ XC18V00 ISP PROMs
♦ XCF00S / XCF00P Platform Flash PROMs
♦ XC4000 series FPGAs • Programs serial peripheral interface (SPI) flash PROMs
Package includes the following item:
1. FCPU-X USB JTAG Download cable for XILINX Devices.
2. 4 feet high speed USB cable
3. 14 pin flat cable to connect the target
4. 6 pin cable to connect the targe
email: sales(at)e-chips.com.cn
tel: 86-755-21002357

platform cable usb ii

My Platform Cable USB II works just fine on my Win2k computer. I also have a Platform Cable USB and WinXP system. I can mix them around with no problems. I'm running ISE and EDK 10.1.03 tools. I haven't used ChipScope, in case that's where your problem occurs.

I haven't used FCPU-X.

compatible with platform cable usb

what's FCPU-X USB JTAG Is it a product from Xilinx ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back