Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx PlanAhead vs ISE ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gongdori

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I thought PlanAhead was just a floor planning tool, but it seems that it can totally replace ISE. Is it true?
I guess internally it calls the same function ISE calls... Does PlanAhead lack any feature ISE has?
So far, the only feature I don't see is FPGA Editor.
Can anyone tell me PlanAhead VS. ISE?

Thanks,

Gonggori

Hi all,

I thought PlanAhead was just a floor planning tool, but it seems that it can totally replace ISE. Is it true?
I guess internally it calls the same function ISE calls... Does PlanAhead lack any feature ISE has?

Thanks,

Gonggori

You might want to re-think that.... Vivado!
**broken link removed**

Yeah, I heard about it, too. :)
It is now available for the companies in early access program, though...

Couldbe like Plan Ahead might soon replace ISE IDE tool....This is expected, but VIVADO is something into new dimension....

PlanAhead started as a floorplanning tool. It has become a full-featured integrated design environment. It has a lot more capabilities than Project Navigator (I assume this is what you meant by ISE) although they both call the same synthesis and implementation tools under the hood. Long story short, if you start a new design, I would highly recommend you give PlanAhead a try. As somebody else mentioned, there is a new design environment called Vivado coming out, which uses the same GUI as PlanAhead, but uses brand new synthesis and implementation engines designed to handle ever-increasing device and design size.

Hi all,

Thanks,

Gonggori

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back