Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx mailbox with virtex - II pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerofog

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i need a simple program for use mailbox between two processor.
I read the xapp996 but the code don't work well, i want only a software where i can write in mailbox with microblaze 0 read the message with microblaze 1 and a message where i can see that mailbox is free.
Sorry for my bad english.
Thanks

I have no idea what you mean. Clarification?

A simple program write in C that use mailbox for passing messages between the two microblaze. I made many simple application but they don't work.
I want a simpe array char that Microblaze_0 write in mailbox and Microblaze_1 read this array.
I hope to be clear.
Thanks

Still not sure.

You want a program written in C for this. Do you intend to have this program running on the microblaze?

I made many simple application but they don't work.

Well, to help other help you ... it might be useful if you include some of those applications. WHat didn't work about them.

And with "mailbox" I take it you mean you have a buffer on both sides to write messages to and from. And then some flag to read out message status.

Well, there you have it. Implement a buffer + status flags on both sides, and functions that access those. Maybe put a FIFO between the two microblazes? Or do they access shared memory? All details that could be useful for someone to guess what it is what you are trying to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back