Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx ISE implementation stage issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

promach

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could anyone help with the series buffer and multiple drivers issues ?

1624116267772.png

You have many, many, many errors here. The messages tell you where to look.

the first one looks like you’ve got two IBUFDS in series.

the third one says you’ve got two signals driving net “data-to-ram<105>”.

and so on.

you need to go back and look at your code.

"user_desired_extra_read_or_write_cycles" is not differential signal, so I do not understand why the tool complains about IBUFDS stuff

I don’t really know System Verilog, but it looks to me like you’ve got an IF statement embedded in an assignment statement (line 1135); maybe that works in SV, but it looks like a mess to me. Maybe that’s causing an error? I’m just having a hard time following your code.

Code:
wire extra_read_or_write_cycles_had_passed  // to allow burst read or write operations to proceed first
        = (postponed_refresh_timing_count ==
`ifndef XILINX
                user_desired_extra_read_or_write_cycles*TIME_TREFI[0 +: $clog2(TIME_TREFI)]);  // for verilator warning
`else
                user_desired_extra_read_or_write_cycles*TIME_TREFI[0 +: 9]);
`endif

You mean this code snippet ? Are you familiar with the use of ifdef as well as endif ?

Code:
wire extra_read_or_write_cycles_had_passed  // to allow burst read or write operations to proceed first
        = (postponed_refresh_timing_count ==
`ifndef XILINX
                user_desired_extra_read_or_write_cycles*TIME_TREFI[0 +: $clog2(TIME_TREFI)]);  // for verilator warning
`else
                user_desired_extra_read_or_write_cycles*TIME_TREFI[0 +: 9]);
`endif

You mean this code snippet ? Are you familiar with the use of ifdef as well as endif ?
Yeah, that. As I said, I don't really know SV, but that just looks little unwieldy to my untrained eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back