Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx ISE, FPGA Tool, setup on Centos5

Status
Not open for further replies.

sameh_yassin99

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear ALL;

I'm trying to install XIlinx ISE11.1 FPGA tool on the operating system Centos5. I did everything written in the installation and realse notes from xilinx website "irn.pdf".

When I start install "./xinstall", the setup starts fine and the GUI takes me pretty well untill the software starts to be installed, then the setup needs only 10 seconds to complete.

This happened to a friend of mine when he tried to install the same software on windows vista home premium. when he used windows vista ultimate, everything went fine.

So, I guess that I miss some development packages which I don't know. Please someone tell me what packages I miss.

Thanks,
Sameh Yassin

Hi, Its still not clear what problem you're facing. Do you mean your setup terminates partially?

Are you getting the message that installation is complete?

BTW, I remember it was ./xsetup not ./xinstall, not that it matter.

Is there any details button where you can expand the installation details.
This could help us more to know how to help you.

Hello Guys,

Muchas Gracias for both of you, I'll try to explain my problem in more detail so you can help me :D

My problem exactly is that setup completes successfully but it ends so fast. After installation I have two folders now /Xilinx and /opt/Xilinx. The first one contains text file named xilinxrc while the latter contains the actual install files and folders, namely "ChipScope, common, DSP_Tools, ISE, PlanAhead, settings32.csh, settings32.sh".

I try to run ise by wrirting the following command
Code:
+-root@localhost> ise
-bash: ise: command not found

I had similar problem before when I tried to install cadnece tools and that problem was solved by installing "X Software Development" using package manager. So, I need to find the missing packages needed for ISE.

Hi,

I think your installation is fine, but you have not yet created executable command "ise" that why its complaining command not found.

Do the following and you should get it running:

Code:
cp /opt/Xilinx Installation path/settings32.sh /usr/local/bin/ise
echo "export DISPLAY=:0" >> /usr/local/bin/ise
echo "exec ise" >> /usr/local/bin/ise
chmod +x /usr/local/bin/ise

Just make sure you replace Xilinx Installation path with your installation location.

Good luck

Thanks Jack// ani

Now I have a command that tries to intiate the program. This is a very important step I really appreciate ur help.
However, I still miss the package required to run the initated session. I'm trying and I'm sure I'll get ISE run on CentOs.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.