Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

xilinx ibis modeling on the cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

eda_ia

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to do a project that involves taking in data at a decent rate(50-100MHz), but I'm a poor college student who can't afford software packages worth thousands of dollars to do signal integrity analysis. The ibis data seems straight forward enough, but I was wondering if anyone knows how the constraints, and or static timing information relates to these ibis data points. For example:

-does the Xilinx static timing information tell how long the signal on an input has to remain stable in order to be sampled correctly.

-When data is being send out on a pin do I assume that the output starts to transition after the pad delay, or does the clock to pad delay give you when the ibis VT curve reaches some threshold like 50% or 90% VCC.

Pointing me in the right direction on these issues would really help me out.

Hello,

If you have the IBIS model available, then you're about half-way there. Most CAD tool (i.e. even the cheap ones) can read Ibis files. I would suggest setting it in in a testbench using a randon bit stream of data. This will allow you to look at the eye-diagram of the model (for the various speed rate of your input clk). From the eye-opening, you can extract most of the information you need.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back