Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

xilinx fpga router error,can someone heip me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoufeng_luo

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, I use a pair of LVDS signals as the differential clks of DCM,When implementing the design ,I encounter an error as follow:This design contains an LVDS pair.The pair of IOs must be palced in a specific relatice structure.What should I do to correct the error?Thanks !

Place pins correctly! There must be some guidelines in Xilinx's documentation for your FPGA refered to "PCB Layout" or "Pad Placement & DC Guidelines". For example, Altera's Cyclone have such restrictions:

- Single-ended inputs may be only be placed four or more pads away from a differential pad.
- Single-ended outputs and bidirectional pads may only be placed five or more pads away from a differential pad.

you are in big problem since they are dedicated pins (you probebly using GC).

the only solution i see is to use the clock as single ended clock signal.

Thanks a lot,a pair of differential signals should be connected to a pair of differential pads of fpga.But I connect them to two pads not be a pair.So the error happens.I obliged to use a sigle ended colck.

Status
Not open for further replies.